For the Record-Times
PLATTE COUNTY — The Board of Commissioners declared a fire ban for Platte County, effective as of 9:30 a.m. on July 18, 2017.
Due to the fire danger conditions, Platte County is currently under, all of the unincorporated areas within the boundaries of Platte County are subject to a partial closure and all outdoor fires and the discharge of all fireworks, including, but not limited to Class A, B, and C fireworks, are prohibited except as follows:
• The Wyoming Military Department land within Platte County for National Guard activities with the following disclaimer;
• The lands under the Wyoming Military Department including Camp Guernsey are excluded for military related operations and/or training, including controlled burns, when approved by appropriate Wyoming National Guard Range Officials. Any costs and services associated with the extinguishing of out-of-control manmade burns caused by this exception will be provided and paid for by the Wyoming Military Department.
• Frontier Astronautics LLC is excluded for the purpose of testing rocket engines, flight vehicles, and their associated hardware at their testing facility located at 609 Windmill Road. All fire suppression costs associated with this exemption will be paid for by Frontier Astronautics.
• Attended trash or refuse fires between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., inside containers provided with spark arresters and located within a cleared area ten (10) feet in radius, are permitted.
• Attended campfires contained within an established fire ring with fire suppression available.
• Attended charcoal fires and propane fires with enclosed grills within arms-reach of operator are permitted.
• Use of acetylene cutting torches or electric arc welders in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius is permitted.
• Propane or open fire branding activities in cleared areas ten (10) feet in radius are permitted.
• Wildland firefighters are excluded from this resolution while using firing practices in the scope of their duties during an ongoing fire or training.
• The Town of Wheatland is excluded to burn their wood refuse pile. All fire suppression costs associated with this exemption will be paid for by the Town of Wheatland.
If there is a change in the fire danger condition, upon notification from the Platte County Commissioners, the closing may be modified.