CASPER – Wheatland’s Dylan Pearson captured a runner-up in the high jump and Christina Haroldson notched a third-place medal in the pole vault to lead the Bulldogs boys and girls track teams to 12th and 15th place finishes, respectively, at the Natrona Invitational Friday.
The Bulldogs ended with eight team points, while the Lady Bulldogs finished with 11. Natrona County won both the boys and girls divisions with 137 and 128.82 points, respectively.
Pearson soared 6 feet, 2 inches to capture his second-place medal, finishing just behind Kelly Walsh’s Sage Coventry, who cleared 6 feet, 4 inches.
Haroldson cleared 8 feet, 6 inches in the girls pole vault to earn the Lady Bulldogs’ top spot of the weekend. She finished behind Natrona County’s Kayla Stibley, who cleared 10 feet, 6 inches and Cassi Crossen, who went 8 feet, 6 inches.
Also capturing top eight places for the Lady Bulldogs were Khayla Otero in the long jump (15 feet, 1 inch) and Natalie Iacovetto in the shot put (32 feet, 9 inches).
Rodee Brow finished just outside the top eight in the boys pole vault. Brow cleared 9 feet, 10 inches.
Girls shot put:
• Rory Anderson, 19th, 29 feet, 9.5 inches
Girls long jump:
• Christina Haroldson, 15th, 13 feet, 8.5 inches
Girls high jump:
• Halle Smith, 13th, 4 feet, 8 inches
• Elly Smith, 18th, 4 feet, 4 inches
• Katie Currier, 23rd, 2:58.29
• Girls 400-meters:
• Katie Currier, 14th, 1:13.29
• Elly Smith, 64th, 15.48
• Rory Anderson, 27th, 79 feet
• Natalie Iacovetto, 66th, 57 feet, 8 inches
• Hyannie Fausto, 56th, 27.22
• Dustin Karr, 81st, 28.78
• Ora Borton, 90th, 29.74
Boys long jump:
• Dylan Pearson, 14th, 18 feet, 6.75 inches
Boys shot put:
• Carlos Garcia, 18th, 38 feet, 5.5 inches
• Carlos Garcia, 16th, 106 feet, 9 inches